Saturday, March 29, 2008

Week 13: Who Want to be a Million-player?

Busy week, swingy week. Starting at the beginning, I got off to a brutal start last Sunday and gave the cash a break. In the evening I got some inkling that I wanted to play the Sunday Million on Stars but $215 was a bit rich for my roll, so I took $35 I had on Betfair and decided to try and spin it up to the buyin. An hour later, after cracking AA with 34s I cashed out $300 and registered for the big one. At one point in the first hour I was down to 7.5k and miserable, but over the course of the next 6 hours, I played great stuff and ran well and managed to come 170th out of 7500 runners for $1340! That all meant I was fully rolled for $200nl with over $6k. However, I didn't jump straight in as I was a bit lacking in confidence.

I took Monday off and came back to cash on Tuesday and it really was a swingy type of week, some tough variance and I finished it -$500 in Sklansky bucks. I took a shot at $200nl on Friday night and had AA cracked straight away :-( Anyway, I won my biggest pot ever with quads Queens to finish up $50 at $200nl.I was just finishing up my $100nl today and happy to have just turned a profit for the week when I got into a 250bb pot with topset vs a combo draw which he hit.

I wasnt finished there though! I donked around in $20nl HU and $50nl 6-max for an hour tonight and made about $150, so somehow I managed to finish a really tough week in profit (just!).
I'll be mixing in a bit more $200nl next week. I'm pretty confident these days, and my won w/o showdown is now looking much better at about -3 ptbb/100. Fingers crossed for a good start to $200nl.
I also satted into the Sunday Warmup tomorrow so I'll see if I can keep my recent record in donkaments going!


Weekly Stats for Week 13:
Hands: 4880 (incl 600 not at $100nl)

The following are for $100nl:
VP$IP: 17.1%
PFR: 13.5%
AF: 4.13 (5.65/2.72/2.13)
Att. To Steal: 27.3%
W$WSF: 37.3%

Total Won/Lost: $54.74
Cashback: Approx $190
Sunday Million cash: $1340

Net Profit/Loss: $1544.74



1 comment:

dvdfan said...

Great stuff Zuutroy and congrats on the cash in the millions. You seem to have improved alot and to go almost 2 months without a negative return is pretty impressive. Keep it up and ill see you at 200nl if we havent clashed already