Saturday, March 1, 2008

Week 9: Mix and Match

I played a bit of everything this week for variety. Don't want it to become too much of a grind, so my adventures included some $20nl heads up, $50nl heads up, $20nl LAG session and regular $100nl grinding. I'd recommend playing HU and dropping down and playing a LAG style for a session; you really learn a lot. I played something like 35/29 and enjoyed it again. I also made 4 buyins in 500 hands which was nice, I'd like to play a bit more like that in my regular game, but I just gravitate to nitsville. Ah well, its nothing that can't be worked on and it's going ok so far.
I did fine at $100nl this week, grinding away and as usual playing very tight. I'll loosen up just in time for when I get to start $200nl ;-)
No other excitement. I'll just work away for March and see how I get on. I'd like to make $1.5k but I think thats at the top of my range, given that I'll not play as many hands as I should, especially as I've friends over for St. Patrick's Weekend. So maybe $1k in March and then by mid April the bankroll would be over $5k and I'd be ready to start taking a sniff at $200nl.
I'm playing in the VCPoker.ie Boards League final on the 9th of March with Ken Doherty, which I'm looking forward to, as I've been a big Snooker fan since I could see over a table. It's an STT with a $500 prize pool and another $500 for knocking Ken out so hopefully I can pick up a small piece of that to help me on my way.


Weekly Stats for Week 9:

Hands: 3973 (incl 885 not at $100nl)
The following are for $100nl only
VP$IP: 15.5%
PFR: 11.9%
AF: 2.9 (4.48/2.21/1.27)
Att. To Steal: 23.52%
W$WSF: 38.24%
Total Won/Lost: $385.44 (3.68 ptbb/100 at $100nl)
Cashback and Bonus: Approx $115

Net Profit/Loss: $500.44

No comments: