Sunday, January 13, 2008

Week 2: Travelling Without Moving

I wrote a long post already and lost it so here’s a shorter version :-P. Started the week terribly and was down 3 buyins after 3k hands on Wednesday. I was completely card dead and had a couple of bad beats and wasn’t playing well either. I took a break on Thursday to try and let all the info I’d been reading sink in a little bit. I think a break is definitely a good idea every now and then just to let your brain digest all the crap instead of constantly firing theory and play at it. Anyway, came back Friday, and ran better (played better too I think). My VP$IP and PFR and Att. To Steal are all looking more respectable and my W$WSF is also heading in the right direction, though this week was a terrible one to gauge as I was hitting nothing. My numbers in non-showdown pots are also much better. On Saturday I actually won money in non-showdown pots, which must be a first. My modem is screwed, so I won’t be able to play properly until Wednesday, which is when I head back to Ireland for an interview, so I can’t see myself putting a lot of hands in. I think I did well on the tasks I set for myself last week. Not going to do any this week as it’ll be a quiet week. I’m only breakeven at $50nl over 10k hands which I’m not happy with, but I’m definitely a much better player than when I started, so I’m not too concerned and I think I’ll be able to beat it now when the cards start to fall for me! I’m a lot more interested in being good enough to play at $100nl before moving up now, rather than just moving up when I have the bankroll, so I’m happy to stay at $50nl and keep learning. In any case I’m still a fair way off even having the bankroll, so March would be by rough goal for moving up.

Weekly Stats for Week 2:Hands: 4114 (+482 at $20nl)

VP$IP: 17.7%
PFR: 13.05%.....both going in the direction
AF: 3.33 (5.15/1.89/1.91)
Att. To Steal: 27%....Again, I want it right at 30 which it was for the 2nd half of the week.
W$WSF: 37.37% <---Still crap but was up around 43% for the 2nd half of the week
Total Won/Lost: -$73.56 (-0.96 ptbb/100 including $20nl hands)

Cashback and Bonus: Approx $70

Net Profit/Loss: -$3.56











No comments: