Saturday, February 2, 2008

Febru-worry?

Another week in the books, and at that, not a very good one again. Started off well and then hit a 5 buyin downswing as February started with some nice coolers and bad beats, but in truth I should be doing well enough elsewhere to overcome them. Won without showdown is still godawful at -9 ptbb/100 for the week...so bad. Also this week, I lost money from the button, so I really need to up the aggression and use position a lot better when I have pretty sucky hands which is moreso the case on the button than in any other seat obviously. I realised this week that I haven't actually been playing poker up to now but instead playing 'show down the best hand' ala fgators. I really dont want to play 1.5 million breakeven hands! So now I've taken to such crazy things as betting the turn when I don't have 2 pair+, if I think the villain is drawing, and raising c-bets from villains whose range is unlikely to have hit the board where mine is (though I've been 3-bet a few times when I've tried it), shoving with 'pair+primary draw' hands. Plenty of things to think about. It's really nice having the cashback as it means while I'm still actually only breaking even in terms of play (*sigh*) my bankroll is making slow progress towards $100nl. I hope in the next 6 weeks or so I can continue to improve a lot and maybe be ready for $100nl by then. One can but work hard and fight on!
A couple of mini-goals for this week are to play 20/15 as the only way I'll improve is to play more hands out of my nitty comfort zone. Also, won w/o showdown to -5ptbb/100 for starters, and W$WSF over 40%. I know people say you shouldn't play to have a certain set of stats, but I think these stats really do reflect good play.


Weekly Stats for Week 5:

Hands: 3758
VP$IP: 16.3%
PFR: 11.8%
AF: 2.87 (3.7/2.28/1.46) <----Better. Hopefully its well placed aggression Att. To Steal: 21.3% W$WSF: 39.28% <----Also better, but not reflected in my Won w/o showdown. Total Won/Lost: -$80.84

Cashback and Bonus: Approx $60

Net Profit/Loss: -20.84$


No comments: