Monday, June 30, 2008

Half-time

So 2008 is half over. If I look back at the start of this blog and review what I wanted to get done, I can be pretty happy. My objective was to be ready to take a shot at $200nl right about now, having 20ish buyins after playing a WSOP event. Well, we never went to Vegas but I've easily met my goal of playing 200nl and I've played 20k hands there already and have closer to 60 buyins in the tank so all good in that respect.

In fact as I have 30 buyins for 400nl, I'm thinking about moving up and taking some shots at those games when they look good. Everest doesn't always have nice 400nl games running so I'm going to maybe put some money in an ipoker skin and mix it up between the two. I think I have the ability to win there, though maybe not straight off the bat, as I'll admit I'm still not aggressive enough to deal with the regulars but I'm getting there and my game is still steadily improving!

So for the 2nd half of the year, I want to become a regular at the midstakes and increase the bankroll so that I'm rolled for all the mid-stakes games and I can pick and choose the best ones. So if I was to settle on a goal it would be to have played 1000nl (with the proper bankroll) by Christmas. I'm sure this won't be easy, but I don't want to take my foot off the gas and I'm going to keep studying hard (when I'm in work!) to try and get good enough.

I'm going back to Ireland in November which I'm looking forward to and it'd be sweet if I could grind out a deposit for a house in 2009, but that's a long way away yet and I'm sure the games will be much tougher by then, but another distant goal of mine. Obviously all of this may be a pipe dream which I'll be crying over on my next downswing, but whatever!



Quick update on June:

Played good...Talk most of my money from the fishes but certainly started to try and push the regulars around where I could. The challenge of trying to find ways to beat each individual regular in a short space of time is fun.


Winnings: $4214

Bonus and rakeback: ~$600


Total Profit: $4814



No comments: