Friday, August 1, 2008

July in the Books

So the aforementioned downswing halted at 16 buyins, and the punishment Everest handed out for leaving seems to be over. I've been doing ok the last few days, including a $1k day at 200nl on Thursday. I'm playing pretty well and opening up EVER so slowly, playin 20/17 ish with good aggression. My main mistake now is not 3-betting enough. It's down at about 3.8%. The problem is that I forget to 3-bet light when I'm playing 6 tables, so most of the time I'm only doing it for value, though I did pick a nice spot for a cold 4-bet today which was a thing of beauty. August will be a mix of 200nl and 400nl. I hope to stop being scared money at 400nl soon, as I'm currently running at about 13/9 there!

In total I played about 22k hands.
Lost $1100 on Betdaq
Profit on Everest of $3700
Bonus and RB of $430

for a Net Profit of about $3030

Bankroll currently stands at just under $15k. It'd be nice to touch the $20k mark this month and its possible if I run good for the month, but maybe a bit ambitious. I learned a good bit about ignoring results and playing each hand on its merits during my recent downswing, so I don't have any realy targets except playing good and continuing to study hard!



No comments: