Tuesday, August 26, 2008

August Wrapup

Another month in the books poker-wise as I'm heading back to Ireland tomorrow for a few days. I got over the 20k hands mark which I'm happy with and want to keep up but it was one of the less enjoyable months of my career for definite.

I moved to 400nl and got battered by variance as outlined in a previous post. However, 200nl was good and I made just over $5k there in 15k hands to offset the just over $3k I lost at 400nl.

The graph below doesn't show about $500 I lost when something when screwy with my computer, and also 200euro I lost on Betdaq when flopping the nuts and getting the money in wasn't enough :-(

Even 200nl was fairly crappy towards the end of the month. As the graph shows, another 5k breakeven (that my not be over yet!!) Although the games were very good, I couldn't make a hand which is quite important when playing against people who dont fold! As a result, my non-showdown numbers went very poor, but I finished the month today at a high point in terms of $ won which is nice

I think I have just short of $16k now...meh what a long breakeven stretch, but thems the breaks. Hopefully I can still get to my target of $30k by the end of the year. I'm going to work away at 200nl for another while, and I plan to have another pop at 400nl when I get close to 20k. As ridiculous as it may sound, I'm just not comfortable with the money and another 8 buyin downswing there would kill my spirit so I'll wait a while and try to keep improving at 200nl. Its not like I 'need' to move up. Anyways...back in September to breach the $20k barrier if all goes well! Good luck.


Winning for August: ~$1200

RB and Bonus: ~$800


Total Profit: ~$2000



No comments: