Tuesday, September 30, 2008

End of a Long Month

Tough month. Feel like I ran bad for a LOT of it, but everyone says that when they're not kickin' ass. It contained my epic-est breakeven stretch of my 'career' to date. Obviously because I was struggling, I played the most hands I ever did in a month. 5k hands of 2/4, where I made exactly nothing and ran $1k below EV....standard for me at 2/4 :( 1/2 wasn't great either where I won at 3.3 ptbb over 16.7k hands and the same rate at .50/1 over 3k hands.


Stats look good all the same at 20/15/2.8 with 44% W$WSF, which is a record for me.WSD is at 27% and W$SD is at 56% which are both solid too I think..and yet I'm on my worst stretch in ages...conventional wisdom is wrong. Still 3-betting virtually never which is probably bad, but the way I naturally seem to play...I'm happy to take regulars on under my terms in single raised pots where I think I play better. I should try and do it a little more, but they pay me off on my big hands anyway so why bother! Twice this month aggro guys have gotten in A7 pre-flop against me (both won against my JJ and AK of course).


Bankroll currently stands in the mid 19's. Need to get motoring if I wanna hit my year end goal of 30k. It should be doable, I don't think $3-4k a month is beyond me.


With any luck I'll win the IPO in October and that'll do the trick ;-) I'll write a trip report of it anyway, which should make for more interesting reading than these mundane updates I normally make. It should be funny. I've barely played a hand of live poker in my life, so I hope people don't get too annoyed at my inevitable stream of mistakes.

Winnings for the month: $2450


Bonuses/Tourneys: $1300

Net profit: $3750




No comments: